[ClusterLabs] Announcing ClusterLabs Summit 2020

Michele Baldessari michele at acksyn.org
Wed Nov 6 02:06:09 EST 2019

On Tue, Nov 05, 2019 at 02:21:29PM -0300, Rafael David Tinoco wrote:
> On 04/11/2019 23:07, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > A reminder: We are still interested in ideas for talks, and rough
> > estimates of potential attendees. "Maybe" is perfectly fine at this
> > stage. It will let us negotiate hotel rates and firm up the location
> > details.

Heya Ken,

I will try and be there. If there is time, I would like a slot where we
present a bit our current pcmk usage inside openstack, our experiences,
what works well, what we struggle with etc.

cheers,
Michele

> Hello. This is Rafael, from Canonical. I'm currently in charge of the HA
> stack in Ubuntu (and helping debian-ha-maintainers), specially now for 20.04
> LTS release.
>
> I wonder if I could participate in the event and, possibly, have a slot to
> share our experience and the work being done, specially related to testing
> in other architectures, like arm64 and s390x.
>
> I also hope this opportunity can make us closer to upstream, so we can start
> contributing more w/ patches and fixes.
>
> Thank you!
>

> > On Tue, 2019-10-15 at 16:42 -0500, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> > > I'm happy to announce that we have a date and location for the next
> > > ClusterLabs Summit: Wednesday, Feb. 5, and Thursday, Feb. 6, 2020, in
> > > Brno, Czechia. This year's host is Red Hat.
> > >
> > > Details will be given on this wiki page as they become available:
> > >
> > >    http://plan.alteeve.ca/index.php/HA_Cluster_Summit_2020
> > >
> > > We are still in the early stages of organizing, and need your input.
> > >
> > > Most importantly, we need a good idea of how many people will attend,
> > > to ensure we have an appropriate conference room and amenities. The
> > > wiki page has a section where you can say how many people from your
> > > organization expect to attend. We don't need a firm commitment or an
> > > immediate response, just let us know once you have a rough idea.
> > >
> > > We also invite you to propose a talk, whether it's a talk you want to
> > > give or something you are interested in hearing more about. The wiki
> > > page has a section for that, too. Anything related to open-source
> > > clustering is welcome: new features and plans for the cluster
> > > software projects, how-to's and case histories for integrating
> > > specific services into a cluster, utilizing specific
> > > stonith/networking/etc. technologies in a cluster, tips for
> > > administering a cluster, and so forth.
> > >
> > > I'm excited about the chance for developers and users to meet in
> > > person. Past summits have been helpful for shaping the direction of
> > > the
> > > projects and strengthening the community. I look forward to seeing
> > > many
> > > of you there!
>
> --

Michele Baldessari            <michele at acksyn.org>
C2A5 9DA3 9961 4FFB E01B  D0BC DDD4 DCCB 7515 5C6D