[ClusterLabs] Why do clusters have a name?

Kristoffer Grönlund kristoffer.gronlund at suse.com
Wed Mar 27 07:31:00 EDT 2019

On Wed, 2019-03-27 at 12:25 +0100, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 10:20:21 +0100
> Kristoffer Grönlund <kristoffer.gronlund at suse.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2019-03-27 at 10:13 +0100, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
> > wrote:

> > > I'm not sure to understand. Is it possible to have multiple
> > > Pacemaker
> > > daemon instances on the same serveurs?
> > >
> > > Or do you mean it is possible to have multiple namespace where
> > > resources are
> > > isolated in and one Pacemaker daemon to manage them?
> > >

> > I am not sure what you mean by the second, but I am fairly sure I
> > don't
> > mean either of those :) I'm talking about having multiple actual,
> > distinct clusters
>
> distinct cluster of Pacemaker/corosync daemons on the same servers or
> distinct
> cluster of servers?

Distinct clusters of servers:

Cluster "Tokyo" consisting of node A, B, C
Cluster "Stockholm" consisting of node D, E, F
Cluster "New York" consisting of node G, H, I

All with the same CIB XML document.

Using tickets, resources can then be moved from one cluster to the
other, or cloned across multiple clusters. A cluster of clusters, if
you will.

Cheers,
Kristoffer