[ClusterLabs] iSCSI Target resource starts on both nodes -- despite my colocation constraint

Bryan K. Walton bwalton+1546953805 at leepfrog.com
Mon Jun 24 15:45:34 EDT 2019

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 12:02:59PM -0500, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> > Jun 20 11:48:36 storage1 crmd[240695]:  notice: Transition 1
> > (Complete=12, Pending=0, Fired=0, Skipped=0, Incomplete=0,
> > Source=/var/lib/pacemaker/pengine/pe-input-1054.bz2): Complete
> > Jun 20 11:48:36 storage1 pengine[240694]:   error: Resource
> > targetRHEVM is active on 2 nodes (attempting recovery)
>
> This means that pacemaker found the target active on storage2 *without*
> having scheduled it there -- so either something outside pacemaker is
> setting up the target, or (less likely) the agent is returning the
> wrong status.

Thanks for the reply, Ken.  I can't figure out what might have caused
these iSCSI targets to already be active.  They aren't configured in
targetcli (outside of Pacemaker) and I have no scripts that do anything
like that, dynamically.

I don't have a default-resource-stickiness value set.  Could that have
caused the iSCSI targets to be brought up on the node that was being
brought out of standby?

Thanks!
Bryan

--
Bryan K. Walton                                           319-337-3877
Linux Systems Administrator                 Leepfrog Technologies, Inc