[ClusterLabs] two virtual domains start and stop every 15 minutes

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Fri Jun 14 12:27:15 EDT 2019

Hi,

i had that problem already once but still it's not clear for me what really happens.
I had this problem some days ago:
I have a 2-node cluster with several virtual domains as resources. I put one node (ha-idg-2) into standby, and two running virtual domains were migrated to the other node (ha-idg-1). The other virtual domains were already running on ha-idg-1.
Since then the two virtual domains which migrated (vm_idcc_devel and vm_severin) start or stop every 15 minutes on ha-idg-1.
ha-idg-2 resides in standby.
I know that the 15 minutes interval is related to the "cluster-recheck-interval".
But why are these two domains started and stopped ?
I looked around much in the logs, checked the pe-input files, watched some graphs created by crm_simulate with dotty ...
I always see that the domains are started and 15 minutes later stopped and 15 minutes later started ...
but i don't see WHY. I would really like to know that.
And why are the domains not started from the monitor resource operation ? It should recognize that the domain is stopped and starts it again. My monitor interval is 30 seconds.
I had two errors pending concerning these domains, a failed migrate from ha-idg-1 to ha-idg-2, form some time before.
Could that be the culprit ?

I still have all the logs from that time, if you need information just let me know.

Thanks.

Bernd

--

Bernd Lentes
Systemadministration
bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
phone: +49 89 3187 1241
phone: +49 89 3187 3827
fax: +49 89 3187 2294
http://www.helmholtz-muenchen.de/idg

Perfekt ist wer keine Fehler macht

Also sind Tote perfekt

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Prof. Dr. Veronika von Messling
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. Matthias Tschoep, Heinrich Bassler, Kerstin Guenther
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671