[ClusterLabs] File System does not do a recovery on fail over

Indivar Nair indivar.nair at techterra.in
Tue Jun 11 00:10:25 EDT 2019

Hello ...,

I have an Active-Passive cluster with two nodes hosting an XFS
Filesystem over a CLVM Volume.

If a failover happens, the volume is mounted on the other node without
a recovery that usually happens to a volume that has not been cleanly
unmounted.
The FS journal is on the same volume.

Now, when we fail it back (with a complete cluster shutdown and
restart) on to its original node, it undergoes the automatic recovery.

1.
Shouldn't it do an FS recovery during the failover to the other node?
Note: The FS journal is on the same volume.

2.
Also, the failback usually fails because the FS check takes a
considerable amount of time. How do I configure the mount not to fail
when an automatic FS check is going on?

Any help/pointers would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

Indivar Nair