[ClusterLabs] Trying to Understanding crm-fence-peer.sh

Valentin Vidic Valentin.Vidic at CARNet.hr
Wed Jan 16 10:27:18 EST 2019

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 04:20:03PM +0100, Valentin Vidic wrote:
> I think drbd always calls crm-fence-peer.sh when it becomes disconnected
> primary.  In this case storage1 has closed the DRBD connection and
> storage2 has become a disconnected primary.
>
> Maybe the problem is the order that the services are stopped during
> reboot. It would seem that drbd is shutdown before pacemaker. You
> can try to run manually:
>
>   pacemaker stop
>   corosync stop
>   drbd stop
>
> and see what happens in this case.

Some more info here:

https://www.suse.com/documentation/sle-ha-12/book_sleha/data/sec_ha_drbd_fencing.html

So storage2 does not know why the other end disappeared and tries to use
pacemaker to prevent storage1 from ever becoming a primary.  Only when
it comes back online and gets in sync it is allowed to start again as a
pacemaker resource by a second script:

  after-resync-target "/usr/lib/drbd/crm-unfence-peer.sh";

--
Valentin