[ClusterLabs] 3 node cluster to 2 with quorum device

John Colgrave colgrave at uk.ibm.com
Sun Jan 6 09:47:28 EST 2019

> I am new to corosync and pacemaker, having only used heartbeat in
> the past (which is barely even comparable, now that I’m in the
> middle of this).  I’m working on a system for RDQM (IBM’s MQ
> software, clustering solution) and it uses corosync with pacemaker.
> I set it up and had a 3 node cluster with resources available
> everywhere (any node could be made active).  However, we need to set
> this up as 2 nodes as being available for the resources and 1 node
> to only function as a quorum device.

Why do you want to limit the queue managers to two nodes only?

I expect that to get support for a problem you would have to recreate it
in an environment that was configured by MQ, without any changes.

RDQM was designed for a three-node symmetric cluster.

Regards,

John Colgrave

Disaster Recovery and High Availability Architect
IBM MQ
Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.