[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Unexpected resource restart

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Jan 21 06:59:54 UTC 2019

>>> Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> schrieb am 17.01.2019 um 18:45 in
Nachricht
<bcadf1250076d8adc3b09c300d3e12c79a3901ef.camel at redhat.com>:

>> <02e51f6d4f7c7c11161d54e2968c23c77c4a1eed.camel at redhat.com>:
>> [...]
>> > In retrospect, interleave=true should have been the default. I've
>> > never
>> > seen a case where false made sense, and people get bit by
>> > overlooking
>> > it all the time. False is the default because it's (theoretically
>> > at
>> > least) safer when there's nothing known about the particular
>> > service's
>> > requirements.
>> >
>> > I should've flipped the default at 2.0.0 but didn't think of it.
>> > Now
>> > we'll have to wait a decade for 3.0.0 :) or maybe we can justify
>> > doing
>> > it in a minor bump in a few years.
>>
>> If you ever change the default, the DTD major version should be
>> incremented (the default value is coded in the DTD, I guess),
>> independently of the usefulness of the change. (MHO)
>> However looking at the RNGs, I couldn't find it...
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ulrich
>
> The RNGs replace the old DTD (which was actually removed in 2.0.0). The
> RNG version is in the file name (e.g. in pacemaker‑3.2.rng, 3.2 is the
> schema version, not the software version).
>
> The schema major version is bumped when an XSLT transform is needed to
> upgrade from the previous version; the minor version is for backward‑
> compatible additions. A change in a default value wouldn't by itself
> necessitate any schema version changes, but if we decided to use a
> transform to map any unspecified interleave in old CIBs to an explicit
> interleave=false, that would get a major bump.

Hi!

As said before, I could not find the default value in the RNGs, but I knew
that the default attribute values are written in classic DTDs. So if you change
the default (via DTD), the same input file would have a different meaning.
That's why I think a change in the DTD (or however you name it) version is
necessary...

Regards,
Ulrich