[ClusterLabs] Trying to Understanding crm-fence-peer.sh

Valentin Vidic Valentin.Vidic at CARNet.hr
Wed Jan 16 15:20:03 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 09:03:21AM -0600, Bryan K. Walton wrote:
> The exit code 4 would seem to suggest that storage1 should be fenced.
> But the switch ports connected to storage1 are still enabled.
>
> Am I misreading the logs here?  This is a clean reboot, maybe fencing
> isn't supposed to happen in this situation?  But the logs seem to
> suggest otherwise.

I think drbd always calls crm-fence-peer.sh when it becomes disconnected
primary.  In this case storage1 has closed the DRBD connection and
storage2 has become a disconnected primary.

Maybe the problem is the order that the services are stopped during
reboot. It would seem that drbd is shutdown before pacemaker. You
can try to run manually:

  pacemaker stop
  corosync stop
  drbd stop