[ClusterLabs] Upgrading from CentOS 6 to CentOS 7

Israel Brewster ibrewster at flyravn.com
Thu Jan 3 14:40:41 EST 2019

I currently have a cluster set up using pacemaker/corosync on two CentOS 6 boxes (fully updated). It has been requested that I "upgrade" the boxes to CentOS 7 (full rebuild on separate machine, obviously). What is it going to take to migrate the cluster with minimal downtime?

The cluster is currently a mix of ipaddr2 and lsb type resources, with a couple of other built-in ocf types (redis, for example). Presumably the IPAddr and redis resources would move across no problem, but the lsb type resources would need to be converted to systemd resources. Given that (and perhaps other things?) would I be correct in assuming that I will not be able to simply add the new CentOS 7 box to the existing CentOS 6 cluster and have the config and everything move across automatically?

If I do need to build a new CentOS cluster, how can I get it fully set up with all the resources, but NOT let it start anything until I perform the cutover? Obviously it would be a bad thing for both the CentOS 7 box and the existing CentOS 6 boxes to have the same IP's! Can I copy *any* of the config from the existing CentOS 6 boxes, or do I have to fully re-create all the resources from scratch on the CentOS 7 box? I'm assuming that initially having a "single node" cluster (until I can rebuild the other CentOS 6 box to CentOS 7) won't be an issue.

Thanks for any input you can provide!
Israel Brewster
Systems Analyst II
5245 Airport Industrial Rd