[ClusterLabs] Change SBD Disk to VCenter Stonith

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 01:55:17 EST 2019

On 02/22/2019 06:24 AM, Dileep V Nair wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a running cluster with Stonith configured as SBD. Now I would
> like to remove the SBD disks and move to VCenter Stonith. After
> removing the SBD disk, I am not able to start pacemaker because of the
> dependant SBD service which was configured during ha-cluster-init.
> What is the best way to remove SBD disk from the VM.

The other way round would probably be more handy like first remove SBD
configuration and
afterwards remove the disk from the VM.
But I guess it would probably be quickest to remove the disk from the
SBD-config-file
(e.g. /etc/sysconfig/sbd) to get pacemaker-service up again. Or you just
disable SBD-service
(e.g. systemctl disable sbd). In both cases the SBD fencing resource
would probably moan
on monitoring but that shouldn't prevent you from adapting the stonith
configuration.

Klaus