[ClusterLabs] Documentation for Corosync

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 11:12:12 EST 2019

Guido,
> Hi:
> My name's Guido and I'm working at an ISP provider.
> We are deploying a cluster using Corosync as cluster engine and We're very
> happy about how's it work.
>
> I just want to get more deep about how corosync works at all. I could not
> find specific material on the web, just how to configure corosync.conf.

The question is, how deep you want to go:
- For most of the use cases (when used with Pacemaker), it's enough to
be able to configure corosync.conf (or use pcs/crmsh)
- For a little deeper knowledge it make sense to read *.8 and *.5 man
pages (and specially cmap_keys.8)
- For development see *.3 man pages
- For really deep understanding how corosync works see
https://github.com/corosync/corosync/wiki/Developers#reference-documentation
(specially Totem: A Reliable Ordered Delivery Protocol for
Interconnected Local-Area Networks) and of course source code :)

> Please, I would like to know what "Retransmit List: xxxx" means, we have
> some of them occasionally and I don't know what "xxxx" means..

It's list of messages which were not delivered to other nodes (they were
lost) and must be resent. They are harmless as long as list is not too
long and xxxx is not repeating.

Regards,
   Honza