[ClusterLabs] Is fencing really a must for Postgres failover?

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Mon Feb 11 13:04:02 EST 2019

On 2019-02-11 12:34 p.m., Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 11:54:03 -0500
> Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca> wrote:
> [...]
>> Also, with pacemaker v2, fencing (stonith) became mandatory at a
>> programmatic level.
>
> ORLY? What did I missed?

It was announced at the last HA summit by Andrew Beekhof. I'll try to
find it in the docs somewhere, but iirc, it was going to be something
like disabling stonith would effectively put the node into maintenance
mode.

Let me find sources though, my recollection has been faulty before. :)

--
Digimer
"I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of