[ClusterLabs] Concept of a Shared ipaddress/resource for generic applicatons

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Dec 2 10:50:15 EST 2019

On Sat, 2019-11-30 at 18:58 +0300, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> 29.11.2019 17:46, Jan Pokorný пишет:
> > "Clone" feature for IPAddr2 is actually sort of an overloading that
> > agent with an alternative functionality -- trivial low-level load
> > balancing.  You can ignore that if you don't need any such.
> >

> I would say IPaddr2 in clone mode does something similar to
> SharedAddress.

Just a side note about something that came up recently:

IPaddr2 cloning utilizes the iptables "clusterip" feature, which has
been deprecated in the Linux kernel since 2015. IPaddr2 cloning
therefore must be considered deprecated as well. (Using it for a single
floating IP is still fully supported.)

IPaddr2 could be modified to use a newer iptables capability called
"xt_cluster", but someone would have to volunteer to do that as it's
not a priority.