[ClusterLabs] Q: "pengine[7280]: error: Characters left over after parsing '10#012': '#012'"

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Thu Aug 22 10:37:01 EDT 2019

On Thu, 2019-08-22 at 12:09 +0200, Jan Pokorný wrote:
> On 22/08/19 08:07 +0200, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> > When a second node joined a two-node cluster, I noticed the
> > following error message that leaves me kind of clueless:
> >  pengine[7280]:    error: Characters left over after parsing
> > '10#012': '#012'
> >
> > Where should I look for these characters?

The message is coming from pacemaker's function that scans an integer
from a string (usually user-provided). I'd check the CIB (especially
cluster properties) and /etc/sysconfig/pacemaker (or OS equivalent).

Octal 012 would be a newline/line feed character, so one possibility is
that whatever software was used to edit one of those files added an
encoding of it.

> Given it's pengine related, one of the ideas is it's related to:

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/commit/9cf01f5f987b5cbe387c4e040ff5bfd6872eb0ad

I don't think so, or it would have the action name in it. Also, that
won't take effect until a cluster is entirely upgraded to a version
that supports it.