[ClusterLabs] Thoughts on crm shell

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Aug 22 05:49:22 EDT 2019

Hi!

It's been a while since I used crm shell, and now after having moved from SLES11 to SLES12 (jhaving to use it again), I realized a few things:

1) As the ptest command is crm_simulate now, shouldn't crm shell's ptest (in configure) be accomanied by a "simulate" command as well (declaring "ptest" as obsolete)?

2) Some commands in the "resource" group actually manipulate the CIB "configuration" section (and not the "status"). So why aren't those in "configure", but in "resource"?
Excamples: "utilization", "param", etc.

The really bad thing is that crm shell insists on "commit" if you do an "up" from "configure".

Also "configure" collects changes until commit, while "resource" commits immediately. Maybe that could be a criteria whcih commands should be in "configure", and which should be in "resource".

Regards,
Ulrich