[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Pacemaker - mounting md devices and run quotaon command

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Aug 20 02:43:42 EDT 2019

>>> Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar at gmail.com> schrieb am 20.08.2019 um 08:24 in
Nachricht
<CAA91j0XKDdiqZ1UM7WK+w14iPpRO=e6SnRRZY3f1GdAcpiCWMg at mail.gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 1:03 AM Del Monaco, Andrea
> <andrea.delmonaco at atos.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Users,
>>

>> As per title – do you know if there is some resource in pacemaker that
> allows a filesystem (md array) to be mounted and then run the quotaon
command
> on it
>
> Is not quota information persistent so it is enough to run it just
> once to enable for specific filesystem?

AFAIK, the components of (classic) quota are:
1) Provisions in the filesystem (must be abele to handle quotas)
2) Initial calculation of quotas
3) Regular updating of quotas

So I is usually granted, 2) has to be done after turning on quotas once, and 3
has to be done after mount before users start working on the filesystem to have
consistent quota information.

As the system doesn't know whether the filesystem was mounted with quota all
the time, the quota info could be outdated...

Thinking about it, the most logical place where quote re-check should be
located is in the Filesystem RA, because it has all the info that needed to be
replicated otherwise.

>> if the quota options are specified and if the FS is ext4?
>
> According to man page, these options are ignored by ext2 anyway.

I think "ignored" means there is no special action to be performed during
mount. I don't think it's (quota calculation) actually ignored.