[ClusterLabs] why is node fenced ?

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Wed Aug 14 05:57:36 EDT 2019

----- On Aug 13, 2019, at 1:19 AM, kgaillot kgaillot at redhat.com wrote:

> The key messages are:
>
> Aug 09 17:43:27 [6326] ha-idg-1       crmd:     info: crm_timer_popped: Election
> Trigger (I_DC_TIMEOUT) just popped (20000ms)
> Aug 09 17:43:27 [6326] ha-idg-1       crmd:  warning: do_log:   Input
> I_DC_TIMEOUT received in state S_PENDING from crm_timer_popped
>
> That indicates the newly rebooted node didn't hear from the other node
> within 20s, and so assumed it was dead.
>
> The new node had quorum, but never saw the other node's corosync, so
> I'm guessing you have two_node and/or wait_for_all disabled in
> corosync.conf, and/or you have no-quorum-policy=ignore in pacemaker.
>
> I'd recommend two_node: 1 in corosync.conf, with no explicit
> wait_for_all or no-quorum-policy setting. That would ensure a
> rebooted/restarted node doesn't get initial quorum until it has seen
> the other node.

That's my setting:

expected_votes: 2
      two_node: 1
  wait_for_all: 0

no-quorum-policy=ignore

I did that because i want be able to start the cluster although one node has e.g. a hardware problem.
Is that ok ?

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Prof. Dr. Veronika von Messling
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. Matthias Tschoep, Heinrich Bassler, Kerstin Guenther
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671