[ClusterLabs] why is node fenced ?

Chris Walker cwalker at cray.com
Mon Aug 12 13:47:02 EDT 2019

When ha-idg-1 started Pacemaker around 17:43, it did not see ha-idg-2, for example,

Aug 09 17:43:05 [6318] ha-idg-1 pacemakerd:     info: pcmk_quorum_notification: Quorum retained | membership=1320 members=1

after ~20s (dc-deadtime parameter), ha-idg-2 is marked 'unclean' and STONITHed as part of startup fencing.

There is nothing in ha-idg-2's HA logs around 17:43 indicating that it saw ha-idg-1 either, so it appears that there was no communication at all between the two nodes.

I'm not sure exactly why the nodes did not see one another, but there are indications of network issues around this time

2019-08-09T17:42:16.427947+02:00 ha-idg-2 kernel: [ 1229.245533] bond1: now running without any active interface!

so perhaps that's related.

HTH,
Chris