[ClusterLabs] Antw: Gracefully stop nodes one by one with disk-less sbd

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Aug 12 02:42:10 EDT 2019

Hi!

One motivation to stop all nodes at the same time is to avoid needless moving
of resources, like the following:
You stop node A, then resources are stopped on A and started elsewhere
You stop node B, and resources are stopped and moved to remaining nodes
...until the last node stops, or quorum prevents cluster operation (effect
depends on further settings)

Unfortunately (AFAIK) there's not command to "stop the cluster" yet.
A "stop cluster" command would stop all resources on all nodes, then stop the
nodes (and lower layers) in a way that there is no "quorum lost" or fencing
going on.

Regards,
Ulrich