[ClusterLabs] Compile fence agent on Ubuntu failing

Oleg Ulyanov oulyanov at vmware.com
Wed Aug 7 05:21:19 EDT 2019

Hi all,
I’m facing a problem with fence_vmware_soap on Ubuntu 16.04. Being able to resolve dependency missing by manually installing python packages, I still not able to connect to my vcenter. Apparently it’s a problem with 4.0.22 version and —ssl-insecure option. Now I’m looking for a way to get a newer version of the agent, but was not able to found any good instruction on how to compile fence agent from source. I’m now stuck at make command with no make file found after ./configure.
I would appreciate your help or any other ideas how to get fence_vmware_soap to work on Ubuntu 16.04.

Thanks, Oleg

Sent via a mobile device, please forgive any typos, unintended autocorrects & the brevity of the message.

Oleg Ulyanov VMware CPBU