[ClusterLabs] Antw: how to connect to the cluster from a docker container

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Wed Aug 7 05:23:09 EDT 2019

On 8/7/19 10:09 AM, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi Ulrich,

>> Nachricht <20190806083726.GA8262 at capote>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Hawk runs in a docker container on one of the cluster nodes (the
>>> nodes run Debian and apparently it's rather difficult to install
>>> hawk on a non‑SUSE distribution, hence docker). Now, how to
>>> connect to the cluster? Hawk uses the pacemaker command line
>>> tools such as cibadmin. I have a vague recollection that there is
>>> a way to connect over tcp/ip, but, if that is so, I cannot find
>>> any documentation about it.
>> I always thought hawk has to run on one of the cluster nodes (natively).
> Well, let's see if that is the case. BTW, the Dockerfile is
> available here:
>
> https://github.com/krig/docker-hawk
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dejan
That container seems to be foreseen to act as a cluster-node
controlling docker-containers on the same host.
If the pacemaker-version inside the container is close enough
to the pacemaker-version you are running on debian and
if it has pacemaker-remote you might be able to run the
container as guest-node.
No idea though if tooling hawk uses is gonna be happy tunneling
through pacemaker-remote.
A little bit like hypervisors are doing it nowadays - running the
admin-interface in a VM ...
Of course just useful if you can live with hawk not being
available if the cluster is in a state where it doesn't start
the guest-node.

Klaus