[ClusterLabs] corosync.conf: A fatal syntax error that's not detected

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Apr 30 08:14:14 EDT 2019

Hi!

Trying to upgrade one corosync 1 cluster (SLES11 SP4) to corosync 2 (SLES12 SP4) resulted in a two-node cluster that happily fences each node, and little else.
A first investigation indicated that I simply placed the "transport: updu" line within each "interface" instead of globally. It seems the cluster was using multicast instead because of that.

However when I write "ttl" iside interface, the software complains that "ttl" were only allowed with multicast!

Regards,
Ulrich