[ClusterLabs] Fwd: Postgres pacemaker cluster failure

Danka Ivanović danka.ivanovic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 11:28:47 EDT 2019

Hi,
It seems that ldap timeout caused cluster failure. Cluster is checking
status every 15s on master and 16s on slave. Cluster needs postgres user
for authentication, but ldap first query user on ldap server and then
localy on host. When connection to ldap server was interrupted, cluster
couldn't find postgres user and authenticate on db to check state. Problem
is solved with reconfiguring /etc/ldap.conf and /etc/nslcd.conf. Following
variable is added: nss_initgroups_ignoreusers with specified local users
which should be ignored when querying ldap server. Thanks for your help. :)
Another problem is that I cannot start postgres master with pacemaker. When
I start postgres manually (with systemd) and then start pacemaker on slave,
pacemaker is able to recognize master and start slave and failover works.
That is another problem which I didn't manage to solve. Should I send a new
mail for that issue or we can continue in this thread?

--
Pozdrav
Danka Ivanovic