[ClusterLabs] Question about fencing

JCA 1.41421 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 17:17:10 EDT 2019

Here is what I did:

# pcs stonith create disk_fencing fence_scsi pcmk_host_list="one two"
pcmk_monitor_action="metadata" pcmk_reboot_action="off"
devices="/dev/disk/by-id/ata-VBOX_HARDDISK_VBaaa429e4-514e8ecb" meta
provides="unfencing"

where ata-VBOX-... corresponds to the device where I have the partition
that is shared between both nodes in my cluster. The command completes
without any errors (that I can see) and after that I have

# pcs status
Cluster name: ClusterOne
Stack: corosync
Current DC: one (version 1.1.19-8.el7_6.4-c3c624ea3d) - partition with
quorum
Last updated: Wed Apr 17 14:35:25 2019
Last change: Wed Apr 17 14:11:14 2019 by root via cibadmin on one

2 nodes configured
5 resources configured

Online: [ one two ]

Full list of resources:

 MyCluster (ocf::myapp:myapp-script): Stopped
 Master/Slave Set: DrbdDataClone [DrbdData]
     Stopped: [ one two ]
 DrbdFS (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem): Stopped
 disk_fencing  (stonith:fence_scsi): Stopped

Daemon Status:
  corosync: active/enabled
  pacemaker: active/enabled
  pcsd: active/enabled

Things stay that way indefinitely, until I set stonith-enabled to false -
at which point all the resources above get started immediately.

Obviously, I am missing something big here. But, what is it?