[ClusterLabs] Issue with DB2 HADR cluster

Dileep V Nair dilenair at in.ibm.com
Tue Apr 2 12:32:40 EDT 2019

Hi,

	I have a two node DB2 Cluster with pacemaker and HADR. When I issue a
reboot -f on the node where Primary Database is running, I expect the
Standby database to be promoted as Primary. But what is happening is
pacemaker waits for 180 seconds (guess that is the SBD timeout) and by the
time the second node takes action, the DB is already in
STANDBY/REMOTE_CATCHUP_PENDING/DISCONNECTED state and cannot be promoted
anymore. If that is the expected behaviour, I believe in a node crash
situation, the cluster does not work. Can someone guide me on what could be
wrong here.

Thanks & Regards

Dileep Nair
Squad Lead - SAP Base