[ClusterLabs] Corosync 3 release plans?

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 10:58:20 EDT 2018

On Thu, 2018-09-27 at 15:32 +0200, Ferenc Wágner wrote:
> Christine Caulfield <ccaulfie at redhat.com> writes:
>
> > TBH I would be quite happy to leave this to logrotate but the
> > message I
> > was getting here is that we need additional help from libqb. I'm
> > willing
> > to go with a consensus on this though
>
> Yes, to do a proper job logrotate has to have a way to get the log
> files
> reopened.  And applications can't do that without support from libqb,
> if
> I understood Honza right.

There are two related issues:

* Issue #142, about automatically rotating logs once they reach a
certain size, can be done with logrotate already. If it's a one-time
thing (e.g. running a test with trace), the admin can control rotation
directly with logrotate --force /etc/logrotate.d/whatever.conf. If it's
desired permanently, a maxsize or size line can be added to the
logrotate config (which, now that I think about it, would be a good
idea for the default pacemaker config).

* Issue #239, about the possibility of losing messages with
copytruncate, has a widely used, easily implemented, and robust
solution of using a signal to indicate reopening a log. logrotate is
then configured to rotate by moving the log to a new name, sending the
signal, then compressing the old log.