[ClusterLabs] VirtualDomain as resources and OCFS2

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Tue Sep 11 08:50:26 EDT 2018

----- On Sep 11, 2018, at 4:29 AM, Gang He ghe at suse.com wrote:

> Hello Lentes,
>
> It does not look like a OCFS2 or pacemaker problem, more like virtualization
> problem.
> From OCFS2/LVM2 perspective, if you use one LV for one VirtualDomain, that means
> the guest VMs on that VirtualDomain can not occupy the other LVs' storage
> space.

Hi Gang,

i see that.

> If you use OCFS2 on one LV for all VirtualDomains, the guest VMs can share the
> storage space, but you can look at OCFS2 ACL mechanism, maybe this can help to
> limit each directory to use storage space.

The storage space isn't the problem. I have enough disks in my SAN, and most of the guests will not grow
or just grow very slowly.

Do you see s.th. else which contradicts to the use of one OCFS2 Volume for all virtual guests ?

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. Matthias H. Tschoep, Heinrich Bassler, Dr. rer. nat. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671