[ClusterLabs] Antw: Rebooting a standby node triggers lots of transitions

Kadlecsik József kadlecsik.jozsef at wigner.mta.hu
Fri Sep 7 06:46:20 EDT 2018

On Wed, 5 Sep 2018, Kadlecsik József wrote:

> > Node joins/leaves do and should trigger new transitions, but that should
> > not result in any actions if the node is in standby.
> >
> > The cluster will wait for any actions in progress (such as a live
> > migration) to complete before beginning a new transition, so there is
> > likely something else going on that is affecting the migration.
> >
> > > Logs and more details, please!
> >
> > Particularly the detail log on the DC should be helpful. It will have
> > "pengine:" messages with "saving inputs" at each transition.
>
> I attached the log file.
>
> There are log lines like this
>
> Sep  5 12:22:30 atlas4 crmd[32776]:   notice: Transition aborted by
> w2-utilization-cpu doing modify cpu=1: Configuration change
>
> which I don't understand: in the configuration the cpu utilization is
> explicitly set to cpu=2 for w2.
>
> Nothing changed, just the node atlas0 (in standby mode) was halted/started
> several times. Still, resources were migrated, like in this case:
>
> Sep  5 12:22:31 atlas4 VirtualDomain(mail0)[61781]: INFO: mail0: Starting
> live migration to atlas3 (using: virsh --connect=qemu:///system --quiet
> migrate --live  mail0 qemu+tls://atlas3/system ).
>
> And besides the successful migrations, sometimes the guest was
> stopped/started instead of migration:
>
> Sep  5 12:25:22 atlas4 crmd[32776]:   notice: Result of stop operation for
> mail0 on atlas4: 0 (ok)
> Sep  5 12:25:22 atlas4 crmd[32776]:   notice: Initiating start operation
> mail0_start_0 on atlas3

Just guessing: maybe utilization is taken into account even when a node is
offline and that cause transitions?

I can provide pe-input files which was recorded during the events.

Best regards,
Jozsef
E-mail : kadlecsik.jozsef at wigner.mta.hu
PGP key: http://www.kfki.hu/~kadlec/pgp_public_key.txt
Address: Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
         H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary