[ClusterLabs] Antw: Rebooting a standby node triggers lots of transitions

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 12:17:15 EDT 2018

On Wed, 2018-09-05 at 17:43 +0200, Ulrich Windl wrote:

> 15:33 in Nachricht <alpine.DEB.2.11.1809051507350.29084 at blackhole.kfk
> i.hu>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > For testing purposes one of our nodes was put in standby node and
> > then
> > rebooted several times. When the standby node started up, it joined
> > the
> > cluster as a new member and it resulted in transitions between the
> > online
> > nodes. However, when the standby node was rebooted in
> > mid‑transitions, it
> > triggered another transitions again. As a result, live migrations
> > was
> > aborted and guests stopped/started.
> >
> > How can one make sure that join/leave operations of standby nodes
> > do not
> > affect the location of the running resources?
> >
> > It's pacemaker 1.1.16‑1 with corosync 2.4.2‑3+deb9u1 on debian
> > stretch
> > nodes.

Node joins/leaves do and should trigger new transitions, but that
should not result in any actions if the node is in standby.

The cluster will wait for any actions in progress (such as a live
migration) to complete before beginning a new transition, so there is
likely something else going on that is affecting the migration.

> Logs and more details, please!

Particularly the detail log on the DC should be helpful. It will have
"pengine:" messages with "saving inputs" at each transition.