[ClusterLabs] Corosync 3 release plans?

Ferenc Wágner wagner.ferenc at kifu.gov.hu
Thu Sep 27 11:52:01 UTC 2018

Christine Caulfield <ccaulfie at redhat.com> writes:

> I'm looking into new features for libqb and the option in
> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/libqb/issues/142#issuecomment-76206425
> looks like a good option to me.

It feels backwards to me: traditionally, increasing numbers signify
older rotated logs, while this proposal does the opposite.  And what
happens on application restart?  Do you overwrite from 0?  Do you ever
jump back to 0?  It also leaves the problem of cleaning up old log files
unsolved...

> Though adding an API call to re-open the log file could be done too -
> I'm not averse to having both,

Not addig log rotation policy (and implementation!) to each application
is a win in my opinion, and also unifies local administration.  Syslog
is pretty good in this regard, my only gripe with it is that its time
stamps can't be quite as precise as the ones from the (realtime)
application (even nowadays, under systemd).  And that it can block the
log stream... on the other hand, disk latencies can block log writes
just as well.
Feri