[ClusterLabs] Corosync 3 release plans?

Ferenc Wágner wagner.ferenc at kifu.gov.hu
Wed Sep 26 08:21:06 UTC 2018

Jan Friesse <jfriesse at redhat.com> writes:

> wagner.ferenc at kifu.gov.hu writes:
>
>> triggered by your favourite IPC mechanism (SIGHUP and SIGUSRx are common
>> choices, but logging.* cmap keys probably fit Corosync better).  That
>> would enable proper log rotation.
>
> What is the reason that you find "copytruncate" as non-proper log
> rotation? I know there is a risk to loose some lines, but it should be
> pretty small.

Yes, there's a chance of losing some messages.  It may be acceptable in
some cases, but it's never desirable.  The copy operation also wastes
I/O bandwidth.  Reopening the log files on some external trigger is a
better solution on all accounts and also an industry standard.

> Anyway, this again one of the feature where support from libqb would
> be nice to have (there is actually issue opened
> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/libqb/issues/239).

That's a convoluted one for a simple reopen!  But yes, if libqb does not
expose such functionality, you can't do much about it.  I'll stay with
syslog for now. :)  In cluster environments centralised log management is
a must anyway, and that's annoying to achieve with direct file logs.

>> Jan Friesse <jfriesse at redhat.com> writes:
>>
>>> No matter how much I still believe totemsrp as a library would be
>>> super nice to have - but current state is far away from what I would
>>> call library (= something small, without non-related things like
>>> transports/ip/..., testable (ideally with unit tests testing corner
>>> cases)) and making one fat binary looks like a better way.
>>>
>>> I'll made a patch and send PR (it should be easy).
>>
>> Sounds sensible.  Somebody can still split it out later if needed.
>
> Yep (and PR send + merged already :) )

Great!  Did you mean to keep the totem.h, totemip.h, totempg.h and
totemstats.h header files installed nevertheless?  And totem_pg.pc could
go as well, I guess.
Feri