[ClusterLabs] migrating VirtualDomain starts migration of second VirtualDomain in reverse direction

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Thu Sep 20 11:34:48 EDT 2018

Hi,

i have a two-node cluster with several VirtualDomain resources. Scenario:
Two VirtualDomains, running on different nodes.
Migrating one VirtualDomain from node 1 to node 2 migrates the other VirtualDomain from node 2 to node 1.

These are the scores AFTER the migration:
vm_mausdb               0         ha-idg-1   200        0
vm_mausdb               INFINITY  ha-idg-2   200        0
vm_sim                  0         ha-idg-1   200        0
vm_sim                  0         ha-idg-2   200        0

The cluster creates a constraint for vm_mausdb that it should run on ha-idg-2. That's fine.
The strange thing for me is that nothing concerning vm_sim changed during the migration. No change neither in the stickiness nor in the scores.
Nevertheless vm_sim is migrated.
I didn't find any explaining in the log from the DC.
I know that the cluster tries to distribute the resources evenly. But i thought the stickiness (i set a default_stickiness of 200) prevents resources from migrating so easily.
Or is the value too low ?

Bernd

--

Bernd Lentes
Systemadministration

wer Fehler macht kann etwas lernen
wer nichts macht kann auch nichts lernen

Helmholtz Zentrum München