[ClusterLabs] Configure a resource to only run a single instance at all times

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 09:43:12 EDT 2018

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 3:59 PM jm2109384 at gmail.com <jm2109384 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for responding Andrei.
>
> How would i enable monitors on inactive nodes?

Quoting documentation:

By default, a monitor operation will ensure that the resource is
running where it is supposed to. The
target-role property can be used for further checking.

For example, if a resource has one monitor operation with interval=10
role=Started and a
second monitor operation with interval=11 role=Stopped, the cluster
will run the first monitor on
any nodes it thinks should be running the resource, and the second
monitor on any nodes that it thinks
should not be running the resource (for the truly paranoid, who want
to know when an administrator
manually starts a service by mistake).