[ClusterLabs] Fwd: Not getting Fencing monitor alerts

Rohit Saini rohitsaini111.forum at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 01:43:14 EDT 2018

Gentle Reminder!!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Rohit Saini <rohitsaini111.forum at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 2:51 PM
Subject: Not getting Fencing monitor alerts
To: <users at clusterlabs.org>

Hi,
I am facing issue in getting pcs alerts for fencing resources.

*Scenario:*
1. Configure the pcs alerts
2. Add stonith resources (resources are unreachable)
3. No monitoring alerts received.

*Note:*
If stonith resources (reachable) are successfully added, then I get pcs
alert for monitor link down and up.

*    ------PCS Alert configuration------*
   pcs alert create id=${PCS_ALERT_ID} path=/var/lib/pacemaker/pw_alert.sh

    pcs alert recipient add ${PCS_ALERT_ID}
value=/var/lib/pacemaker/pw_alert.sh

* ------Starting Stonith------*
    my_fence_name="fence-xvm-$my_hostname"
    pcs stonith show $my_fence_name
    if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
        #monitor on-fail is "ignore" which means "Pretend the resource did
not fail".
        #Only alarm will be generated if monitoring link goes down.
        pcs stonith create $my_fence_name fence_xvm \
        multicast_address=$my_mcast_addr port=$my_hostport \
        pcmk_host_list=$my_hostname action=$actionvalue
delay=$my_fence_delay \
        op start interval="100s" on-fail="restart" \
        op monitor interval="5s" on-fail="ignore"
        pcs constraint colocation add $my_fence_name with master
unicloud-master INFINITY
        pcs constraint order start $my_fence_name then promote
unicloud-master
        pcs stonith update $my_fence_name meta failure-timeout=3s
    fi
    peer_fence_name="fence-xvm-$peer_hostname"
    pcs stonith show $peer_fence_name
    if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
        pcs stonith create $peer_fence_name fence_xvm \
        multicast_address=$peer_mcast_addr port=$peer_hostport \
        pcmk_host_list=$peer_hostname action=$actionvalue
delay=$peer_fence_delay \
        op start interval="100s" on-fail="restart" \
        op monitor interval="5s" on-fail="ignore"
        pcs constraint colocation add $peer_fence_name with master
unicloud-master INFINITY
        pcs constraint order start $peer_fence_name then promote
unicloud-master
        pcs stonith update $peer_fence_name meta failure-timeout=3s
    fi

    pcs property set stonith-enabled=true

Thanks,
Rohit