[ClusterLabs] Any CLVM/DLM users around?

Patrick Whitney pwhitney at luminoso.com
Mon Oct 1 13:44:20 EDT 2018

We tested with both, and experienced the same behavior using both fencing
strategies:  an abandoned DLM lockspace.   More than once, within this
forum, I've heard that DLM only supports power fencing, but without
explanation.  Can you explain why DLM requires power fencing?

Best,
-Pat

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 1:38 PM Vladislav Bogdanov <bubble at hoster-ok.com>
wrote:

> On October 1, 2018 4:55:07 PM UTC, Patrick Whitney <pwhitney at luminoso.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Fencing in clustering is always required, but unlike pacemaker that
> >lets
> >> you turn it off and take your chances, DLM doesn't.
> >

> >As a matter of fact, DLM has a setting "enable_fencing=0|1" for what
> >that's
> >worth.
> >

> >> You must have
> >> working fencing for DLM (and anything using it) to function
> >correctly.
> >>

> >We do have fencing enabled in the cluster; we've tested both node level
> >fencing and resource fencing; DLM behaved identically in both
> >scenarios,
> >until we set it to 'enable_fencing=0' in the dlm.conf file.
>
> Do you have power or fabric fencing? Dlm requires former.

Patrick Whitney
DevOps Engineer -- Tools