[ClusterLabs] Resource alerts

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 06:40:01 UTC 2018

On 10/24/2018 08:17 AM, Leon Steffens wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are trying to set up resource alerts on our Pacemaker 1.1.18
> cluster.  When a specific resource gets stopped, we want to trigger an
> alert on a *different* node to the node the resource is running on.
>
> But, it looks like resource alerts are only sent to the node the
> resource is being stopped on.  Is this the correct behaviour?

I'd say this is the intended behavior as the alert is triggered
when crmd gets feedback from lrmd.
You might consider a dependent resource on a different node
(either use the resource-agent for being notified or the alert
for that resource) or a signaling-mechanism outside of pacemaker.

Regards,
Klaus