[ClusterLabs] Any CLVM/DLM users around?

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Mon Oct 1 18:14:30 UTC 2018

On October 1, 2018 5:44:20 PM UTC, Patrick Whitney <pwhitney at luminoso.com> wrote:
>We tested with both, and experienced the same behavior using both
>fencing
>strategies:  an abandoned DLM lockspace.   More than once, within this
>forum, I've heard that DLM only supports power fencing, but without
>explanation.  Can you explain why DLM requires power fencing?

The main part of dlm runs inside the kernel, and it is very hard to impossible to return it into a vanilla state programmatically. Espesially if filesystems like gfs2 run on top. iiuc Sistina originally developed dlm mainly for their gfs1, and only then for lvm. Things changed, but original design remains I believe.