[ClusterLabs] Best-practices for changing networks settings in a cluster?

Ryan Thomas developmentrjt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 17:14:08 EST 2018

I have a two node cluster.  I restart the network after making changes to
the network settings.  But, as soon as I restart the network I see that
corosync/pacemaker are killed - causing resources to failover to the other
node.  It looks like this is due to
https://github.com/corosync/corosync/issues/348, this issue points that
that corosync cannot handle downing an network interface with ifdown.  I'd
like to avoid this, but I'd still like to be able to change the network
settings. What is the best-practice for changing network settings on a
cluster?

The best workaround I can think of is to kill pacemaker on each process,
make the network changes, and then restart pacemaker.  However, this seems
pretty ugly and error-prone.  Is there  away to "pause" pacemaker for the
whole cluster?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Ryan