[ClusterLabs] How to set up fencing/stonith

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Fri May 18 06:51:01 EDT 2018

On Wed, 16 May 2018 21:18:14 +0200
Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr at dalibo.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 16 May 2018 12:43:15 -0600
> Casey & Gina <caseyandgina at icloud.com> wrote:
> > fence_vmware - Fence agent for VMWare
>
> If I remember correctly, this fencing agent is able to connect to vcenter
> (and/or esxi) to fence a VM.

Here is a command to adapt that work to fence a VM connecting to an esxi server:

  pcs stonith create <fence_id> fence_vmware_soap                       \
    pcmk_host_check="static-list" pcmk_host_list="<nodeid>"             \
    port="<vm_name>" ipaddr="<esxi IP address>" login="<granted_login>" \
    passwd="<>password" ssl="1" ssl_insecure="1"                        \
    login_timeout=60 power_wait=3                                       \
    op monitor interval=60s

The customer that played with it told me it was working against its vcenter as
well, but with more latency, so they prefer to connect to the esxi servers.