[ClusterLabs] pcsd processes using 100% CPU

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Wed May 23 12:49:20 UTC 2018

On 22/05/18 12:32 -0600, Casey & Gina wrote:
>> Can you share some HW specs with us, at least the architecture
>> to start with -- x86_64=amd64, arm (gen/mode?), something else?
>
> It's x86_64, running Ubuntu 16.04; the latest package versions
> available from Ubuntu repositories.  They are vmWare ESX nodes with
> 16 CPU cores and 64GB of memory configured.

Thanks, looks like my initial suspicion was off.

If you feel brave enough, you can take a coredump of one of the
said workers with "gcore", load it to gdb (together with appropriate
debug symbols) and from here, you can investigate further.

I have no first-hand experience with debugging Ruby interpreter,
lest the interpreted script's code should be of interest,  but this
looks promising: https://gist.github.com/csfrancis/11376304

Hope this helps.

--
Jan (Poki)