[ClusterLabs] ethmonitor RA agent error. How can I fix this? (RHEL)

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue May 22 14:11:58 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-05-22 at 09:15 +0800, Confidential Company wrote:
> I have two Virtual machines with two network interfaces.
>
> See configuration below:
>
> *eth0 - service network
> *eth1 - heartbeat network
>
> *vi /etc/hosts - RhelA(ip of eth1) / RhelB(ip of eth1)
> *service firewalld stop
>
> *pcs resource create VirtualIP ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 ip=(virtual ip)
> cidr_netmas=32 op monitor interval =30s
>
> *pcs resource create eth1-monitor ethmonitor interface=eth1 --clone
>
> *pcs constraint location VirtualIP rule score=-INFINITY ethmonitor-
> ens192 ne 1
>
> +++++++++++
>
> I tried to ifdown eth0(service network). The result is:

FYI, corosync 2 cannot recover from ifdown + ifup (which does not
really simulate an interface failure). For testing, it's closer to a
real failure to pull the physical cable, or use the firewall to block
all traffic on the interface.

> 1. VirtualIP resource switched to Node2
> 2. Got an error from pcs status, Error "unable to find nic...."
> 3. Even after a successful failover, error still exist

Do you mean the failure listing in status output? Or maybe log messages
when the policy engine runs? In both cases, that's expected -- it's a
record of a previous failure, not a report of a new failure.

You can clear status output and most policy engine messages by cleaning
up the resource (preferably after investigating and fixing whatever
caused the error, otherwise it's likely to cause further issues).