[ClusterLabs] How to set up fencing/stonith

Tomas Jelinek tojeline at redhat.com
Mon May 21 08:10:05 UTC 2018

Dne 18.5.2018 v 17:40 Casey & Gina napsal(a):
>> Thank you - I hadn't seen the "releases" link on github before and somehow missed that.  Sorry for that.  I thought there would be download links somewhere on the clusterlabs website.  I will try compiling this today to try.
>
> I finally managed to get pcs-0.9.164 compiled and installed.  There were a number of dependencies to figure out, so I thought I'd send what I ended up doing in case it helps somebody else (using Ubuntu 16.04).  I needed to do the following:
>
> ------
> apt install python3-setuptools python3-lxml fonts-liberation fontconfig libpam0g-dev bundler ruby-rpam-ruby19
> ------

Those are all listed in pcs readme except ruby rpam which is downloaded
automatically during pcs installation.

> I'm not sure that the ruby-rpam-ruby19 package installation is actually necessary, as it didn't seem to work:
>
> ------
> Could not find rpam-ruby19-1.2.1.gem for installation
> ------
>
> So, I did this as well, which I guess did the same thing the package install should have done?:
>
> ------
> gem install rpam-ruby19 -v '1.2.1'
> ------
>
> Anyways, after that I started up the pcsd service, and proceeded to try to start the cluster.  This appeared to work okay, until I tried to do `pcs cluster start --all`, which resulted in HTTP 400 errors.  Using --debug, I saw that it was failing to start corosync because the directory /var/log/cluster did not exist.  Not sure why this would be, since corosync was installed using the apt package, and with the other pcs version it used /var/log/corosync as the logging directory.  Nonetheless I created /var/log/cluster, and then the cluster started okay.

That's what pcsd/settings.rb.debian and pcs/settings.py.debian are for.
Those files contain proper paths for Debian-based distros. Maybe the log
path is missing in one of them? Can you post the output with --debug?

> Finally, I tried adding the stonith resource with the following command, and ran into an error that I don't know how to solve:
>
> ------
> pcs stonith create vfencing external/vcenter VI_SERVER=10.124.137.100 VI_CREDSTORE=/etc/pacemaker/vicredentials.xml HOSTLIST="d-gp2-dbpg0-1=d-gp2-dbpg0-1;d-gp2-dbpg0-2=d-gp2-dbpg0-2;d-gp2-dbpg0-3=d-gp2-dbpg0-3" RESETPOWERON=0
>
> Error: unable to run command /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pacemaker/stonithd metadata: No such file or directory: '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pacemaker/stonithd'
> ------
>
> I'm not sure why it's including x86_64-linux-gnu in the path - the actual path, as provided by the pacemaker package, is /usr/lib/pacemaker/stonithd.  Is there a way to set this path correct when compiling/installing pcs from the source package?

This is how it's configured for Debian-based distros in
pcs/settings.py.debian
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pcs/commit/05192c3c02acb7ac28a8c02022725451546e499f
Pcs development team don't run Debian nor Ubuntu so we cannot really
tell if it's correct or not.

Have you tried installing pcs package from newer Ubuntu? It might be
easier...

Regards,
Tomas