[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker 2.0.0-rc4 now available

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue May 15 11:20:55 EDT 2018

Source code for the fourth (and likely final) release candidate for
Pacemaker version 2.0.0 is now available at:

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/releases/tag/Pacemaker-2.0.0-rc4

This release restores the possibility of rolling (live) upgrades from
Pacemaker 1.1.11 or later, on top of corosync 2 or 3. (Rolling upgrades
were accidentally broken in rc3.) Other setups can be upgraded with the
cluster stopped.

If upgrading a cluster with bundle resources using the default run-
command and container images running an older Pacemaker, special care
must be taken. Before upgrading, the bundle resource should be modified
to use an explicit run-command of /usr/sbin/pacemaker_remoted.

For more details, including bug fixes, see the change log:

  https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/blob/2.0/ChangeLog

and a special wiki page for the 2.0 release:

  https://wiki.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Pacemaker_2.0_Changes

I expect the final release next week, with no major changes from this
candidate.

Everyone is encouraged to download, compile and test the new release.
We do many regression tests and simulations, but we can't cover all
possible use cases, so your feedback is important and appreciated.

Many thanks to all contributors of source code to this release,
including Gao,Yan, Hideo Yamauchi, Jan Pokorný, and Ken Gaillot.