[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: single node fails to start the ocfs2 resource

Muhammad Sharfuddin M.Sharfuddin at nds.com.pk
Wed Mar 14 03:35:26 EDT 2018

Hi Andrei,
 >Somehow I miss corosync confiuration in this thread. Do you know
 >wait-for-all is set (how?) or you just assume it?

solution found, I was not using "wait_for_all"  option, I was assuming
that "two_node: 1"
would be sufficient:

nodelist {
         node { ring0_addr:     10.8.9.151  }
         node { ring0_addr:     10.8.9.152  }
}
###previously:
quorum {
         two_node:       1
         provider:       corosync_votequorum
}
###now/fix:
quorum {
         two_node:       1
         provider:       corosync_votequorum
         wait_for_all: 0  }

My observation:
when I was not using "wait_for_all: 0" in corosync.conf, only ocfs2
resources were
not running, rest of the resources were running fine because:
     a - "two_node: 1" in corosync.conf file.
     b - "no-quorum-policy=ignore" in cib.

@ Klaus
 > what I tried to point out is that "no-quorum-policy=ignore"
 >is dangerous for services that do require a resource-manager. If you don't
 >have any of those go with a systemd startup.

running a single node is obviously something in-acceptable, but say if
both the nodes crashes
and only node come back and if I start the resources via systemd then
the day the other node
come back, I have to stop the services via systemd, to start the
resources via cluster, while if a
single node cluster was running the other node simply joins the cluster
and no downtime would occur.

Muhammad Sharfuddin