[ClusterLabs] copy file

Mevo Govo govomevo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 12:49:11 EST 2018

Hi,
thanks for advice and your intrest.
We would use oracle database over DRBD. Datafiles (and control and redo
files) will be on DRBD. FRA also (on an other DRBD device). But we are new
in DRBD, and DRBD is also a component what can fails. We plan a scenario to
recover the database without DRBD (without data loss, if possible). We
would use nfs or local filesystem for this. If we use local FS, the control
file is out of sync on the B node when switch over (from A to B). We would
copy controlfile (and redo files) from DRBD to the local FS. After this,
oracle can start, and it keeps the controlfiles syncronized. If other
backup related files (archlog, backup) are also available on the local FS
of either node, we can recover the DB without DRBD (without data loss)
(I know it is a worst case scenario, because if DRBD fails, the FS on it
should be available at least on one node)
Thanks: lados.