[ClusterLabs] How to cancel a fencing request?

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Sat Mar 31 16:29:44 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I experienced a problem in a two node cluster. It has one FA per node and
location constraints to avoid the node each of them are supposed to interrupt.

During some tests, a ms resource raised an error during the stop action on
both nodes. So both nodes were supposed to be fenced.

The first node did, but no FA was then able to fence the second one. So the
node stayed DC and was reported as "UNCLEAN (online)".

We were able to fix the original ressource problem, but not to avoid the
useless second node fencing.

My questions are:

1. is it possible to cancel the fencing request
2. is it possible reset the node status to "online" ?

Thank you