[ClusterLabs] Colocation constraint for grouping all master-mode stateful resources with important stateless resources

Sam Gardner SGardner at trustwave.com
Mon Mar 26 15:42:54 UTC 2018

Thanks, Andrei and Alberto.

Alberto, I will look into the node-constraint parameters, though I suspect Andrei is correct - my "base" resource is DRBDFS in this case, and the issue I'm seeing is that a failure in my secondary resources does not cause the other secondary resources nor the "base" resource to move to the other node.

Andrei, I have no restrictions on the particulars of the rules that I'm putting in place - I can completely discard the rules that I have implemented already.

Here's a simple diagram:
https://imgur.com/a/5LTmJ

These are my restrictions:
1) If any of DRBD-Master, DRBDFS, INIF-Master, or OUTIF-Master moves to D2, all other resources should move to D2.
2) If DRBDFS or DRBD-Master cannot run on either D1 or D2, all other resources should be stopped.
3) If INIF-Master or OUTIF-Master cannot run on either D1 or D2, no other resources should be stopped.

This sounds like a particular constraint that may not be possible to do per our discussions in this thread.

I can get pretty close with a workaround - I'm using ethmonitor on the Master/Slave resources as you can see in the config, so if I create new "heartbeat:Dummy" active resources with the same ethmonitor location constraint, unplugging the interface will move everything over.

However, a failure of a different type on the master/slave VIPs that would not also be apparent on the dummy base resource would not cause a failover of the entire group, which isn't ideal (though admittedly unlikely in this particular use case).

Thanks much for all of the help,
--
Sam Gardner
Trustwave | SMART SECURITY ON DEMAND