[ClusterLabs] False negative from kamailio resource agent

Valentin Vidic Valentin.Vidic at CARNet.hr
Fri Mar 23 09:04:10 UTC 2018

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 03:36:55PM -0400, Alberto Mijares wrote:
> Straight to the question: how can I manually run a resource agent
> script (kamailio) simulating the pacemaker's environment without
> actually having pacemaker running?

You should be able to run it with something like:

# OCF_ROOT=/usr/lib/ocf OCF_RESKEY_conffile=/etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/kamailio monitor
INFO: No PID file found and our kamailio instance is not active

> We have this cluster in production and from time to time kamailio
> reported a failure when the reality is that kamailio was still
> running. The failover produces a small downtime unnecessarily, so we
> decided to stop it until we find a solution for that.
>
> I saw the check functions in the script. They all run OK out of the
> pacemaker's environment, so I need to replicate it by my own.

Do you have anything in the logs that might say why the monitor action
failed for the resource?  Maybe it was overloaded for a moment and did
not respond to sipsak tests.

--
Valentin