[ClusterLabs] Corosync 3.0 - Alpha2 is available at corosync.org!

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Fri Mar 16 12:44:44 EDT 2018

I am pleased to announce the second testing (Alpha 2) release of
Corosync 3.0 (codename Camelback) available immediately from our website at
http://build.clusterlabs.org/corosync/releases/ as corosync-2.99.1.

Corosync is now using kronosnet CI, so you can download RPMs for various
distributions from https://kronosnet.org/builds/.

There are two big changes compared to Alpha 1:

1.) With Knet transport, it's now possible to remove ring0_addr from
corosync.conf and as long as there is other ring (ring1_addr),
everything should work as expected.

This small feature required HUGE amount of work (thank you Chrissie)
mostly in totem subsystem. As a result, Totem no longer addresses nodes
by ring0_addr IP, but only by node id. This makes packet smaller
(especially for bigger clusters).

Ability to remove ring0_addr also brings another problem: how to find
local node in corosync.conf. We've decided to compare hostname with
nodelist.node.name cmap keys. Using hostname is now preferred, but old
style can still be used if ring0_addr exists.

One of the drawbacks is that we need to change on-wire protocol so Alpha
2 is wire incompatible with Alpha 1 (and any other version).

For more details and information about configuration please see updated
http://people.redhat.com/ccaulfie/docs/KnetCorosync.pdf

2.) Because on-wire was already incompatible we've decided replace
endian_detector with magic number and version. This allows Needle (with
already included patch) to detect that other side is Corosync 3 and
display informative message (now finally also with IP of sender).

Complete changelog for Alpha 2 (compared to Alpha 1):
Andrey Ter-Zakhariants (1):
       corosync-notifyd: improve error handling

Christine Caulfield (9):
       totem: Use nodeid ONLY in srp_addr
       totem: Return interface count correctly
       cfg: Fix cfg_get_node_addrs so that DLM works
       config: Update message when local host isn't found
       config: Allow use of ring0_addr
       totem: Fix debug warnings printed by knet
       knet: Always use link0 for loopback
       cfgtool: Don't assume link ID is a single char
       knet: Fix display of links with unconfigured link0

Christoph Berg (1):
       Man: Move overview mp to sections 3 and 7 from 8

Fabio M. Di Nitto (4):
       [man] fix regression introduced by
7162e75dcf81b7e475536e3060bf5e9312cd43b8
       [build] fix build with non-standard knet location
       [rpm] fixup corosync.spec.in to build on opensuse
       [rpm] use rpm macros to identify build distro

Jan Friesse (9):
       logging: Make blackbox configurable
       logging: Close before and open blackbox after fork
       init: Quote subshell result properly
       blackbox: Quote subshell result properly
       sam_test_agent: Remove unused assignment
       quorumtool: Don't set our_flags without v_handle
       main: Set errno before calling of strtol
       totemsrp: Add magic and version into header
       totem: Display IP of sender

Rytis Karpuška (3):
       totempg: Fix fragmentation segfault
       totempg: use iovec[i].iov_len instead of copy_len
       totempg: Fix corrupted messages

We did our best to test this release as best as we could, but still take
it as an Alpha version.

Thanks/congratulations to all people that contributed to achieve this
great milestone.